Thursday, November 08, 2007

dawn project

the clocks went back to GMT a week or so ago and it means that my dawn project is back to 7:30, i guess i haven't mentioned it before here but i've talked about it on my other blog, so forgive me for not going into the details...

the important thing here is that i have to be up filming @ 7:30 am and so i try and get out of bed for 6:50, which would give me enough time to drink a cup or tea, but since the clock's changed i haven't got out of bed before 7:05, throw on clothes and get out of the door...

anyway i teach afterwards in hammersmith and i find that by the last lesson of the day (that i'm in right now, my students are preparing for an assessment as i write this), the lack of sleep from the night before really catches up with me and it comes out in different ways, generally a lack of patience but also today i kind of dreamyness... last week my 1st class of the day was overtaken by my laughing... not too bad but really a good night's sleep before hand is what i need...

so last week and this week the pressure of needing a good night's sleep got in the way and i didn't get as much as i needed...

last week i went to bed @ 10 but i woke up around midnight via a dream in which i woke up in between a black man and his son... i apologised quietly to them and went to get up without waking the son and it gradually became apparent that it was a dream, and i had that adrenalin that waking from those dreams gives me, i couldn't get back to sleep...

i could hear dinah's breathing really loud in my ear and i was half asleep and everything was distorted and i was getting angry about not being asleep and how loud her breathing was... eventually i got some perspective and got out of bed to synthasise for awhile, returning to bed a little later to a relatively easy sleep, but i'd lost a few hours...

last night i didn't get to bed so early, it was after midnight when i got in and me & dinah talked a little while anyway, so let's say i got to sleep by 1, i woke up through a dream of moving things... when i woke in the morning i'd shifted a small mirror in my room... then at points every few hours thinking it was 7...

anyway just pointing out that wednesday nights / thursday morning are a time of disturbed sleep for now...

x

No comments: